Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 1, 2017
Agreement to Terms
Unless you opt out of arbitration within 30 days of the date you first agree to these terms by following the opt-out procedure specified in the “Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver” section below, you agree that most disputes between you and Resources Online will be resolved by binding, individual arbitration, and you are waiving your right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding.
Because we constantly improve the Services, we may change or discontinue any part of the Services, at any time and without notice.
Signing Up for the Services
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Services.
Before you can use the Services, you’ll need to have an account. You may either create an account yourself, or your healthcare provider working with BehaviorSpace may create an account for you.
When you create an account yourself, we will send a confirmation email. You must click the confirmation link within 20 minutes to validate the account before logging in for the first time.
Please provide accurate and complete information when creating your account and for the duration that you use the Services. You are responsible for any actions that take place while using your BehaviorSpace HIV-Pos Mentoraccount. Once logged in to the Services, you will have access to customized health information. This information may be sensitive, so it’s important to keep your username and password secure. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you know about them.
How the Services Work
The Services allow you to access behavioral counseling, personalized feedback, skills-building videos, and healthcare data.
The Services may allow you to share healthcare data with your healthcare providers and your healthcare providers to upload data into your account. You can read more about this in the section titled, “User Feedback and Other Data.”
All materials included on the Services, such as counseling materials, videos, graphics, reports, data provided by Resources Online, and the software powering the Services (“Materials”), are the property of Resources Online or its licensors. The Materials are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
BehaviorSpace, Resources Online, and other trademarks and logos that we use are trademarks of Resources Online. Any third-party trademarks that appear on the Services are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of these trademarks without express written permission from Resources Online or their owners.
- Use any manual process or robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to collect information from the Services or from users of the Services;
- Use the Materials or other data or information from the Services for commercial purposes;
- Mirror any Materials contained on the Services or any Resources Online server or use framing techniques to enclose the Services or any part thereof;
- Circumvent any of the technical limitations of the Services;
- Interfere with or prevent access to the Services by other users, or impose an unreasonable service request or usage load on our infrastructure;
- Change or remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices on the Materials or Services;
- Impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your entity, or attempt to use another user’s account without the user’s permission;
- Use any metatags or any other hidden text incorporating Resources Online’s name or trademarks in any online site or posting;
- Solicit, trace or otherwise collect any information from users or visitors of the Services;
- Use the Services for commercial activities such as contests or advertising; or
- Create a database by downloading and storing the Materials.
User Feedback and Other Data
Copies of your User Feedback may continue to exist on the Services for archival or backup purposes or to the extent required by applicable laws.
You acknowledge and agree that we may use your User Feedback to create de-identified or aggregated data that does not identify you (“De-Identified Data”). We may use and share De-Identified Data for research and analysis purposes, to improve the Services or to promote the Services.
By using the Services, you agree to receive certain electronic communications from us, whether through the Services or by email. You may unsubscribe from communications at any time by clicking the appropriate link in the communication. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure or other communication that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal notice requirements, including that such communications be in writing. All calls, emails and other communications between you and Resources Online may be recorded.
Copyright Infringement Notice Procedure
BehaviorSpace respects intellectual property rights. If you believe your copyrighted work has been copied or posted on or through the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, then please contact us at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed;
- A description of what the allegedly infringing work is;
- A description of the location where the allegedly infringing work is located on the Services;
- An address and phone number where you can be contacted, including an email address if possible;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in the notice is accurate and that the signatory is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Consult your legal advisor before filing an infringement notice, because there can be penalties for false claims.
Termination; Cooperation with Law Enforcement
You may cancel your account by contacting the health care provider that provided your account. Upon termination, we have no obligation to maintain, store or transfer any data that you have on the Services. However, we may retain User Feedback as required by any state or federal law regarding retention of medical records or at the request of your Healthcare Providers.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL PROVIDE CONTINUOUS, PROMPT, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE DO NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE OR DIAGNOSES OR ENGAGE IN THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE, AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE, A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT AND ARE OFFERED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HEALTHCARE OR RELATED DECISIONS MADE BY YOU OR YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BASED UPON USER FEEDBACK OR OTHER DATA COLLECTED, TRANSMITTED OR DISPLAYED BY OR ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER SUCH DATA IS ACCURATE OR INACCURATE.
Limitation of Liability and Damages
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RESOURCES ONLINE, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICES PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
IN NO EVENT WILL RESOURCES ONLINE’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS EXCEED $10,000.
The exclusions and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Resources Online and you.
Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver
You and Resources Online each retain the right to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court and (ii) seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement or misappropriation of a party’s trade secrets or intellectual property rights.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (currently available at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879). The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location that is reasonably convenient to both parties. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the arbitrator will determine the location. If you demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Resources Online will contribute to your filing and hearing fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. The arbitrator’s decision will follow the terms of this Agreement (including the Limitation of Liability provision) and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of this Agreement, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction.
- Limitations on Claims. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to Resources Online or the Services (including without limitation the purchase of products and services) must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arises.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, click below to contact the BehaviorSpace team by email, or call 206-283-8300.